Golden Eggs Vol. 43 (2009) - Kanazawa Miho  

Posted by: Pori in ,

I decided to translate Oricon's "Golden Eggs" corner in where they introduce and interview some of the most promising young acting talents. The corner started in January 2008 and over the year it featured talents like...

Tanimura Mitsuki, Minamisawa Nao, Kobayashi Ryoko, Konno Narumi, Koike Rina, Kojima Fujiko, Nako Mizusawa, Fujii Mina, Takabe Ai, Ishibashi Anna, Maeda Atsuko, Takahata Mitsuki, Ono Erena, Adachi Rika, Tanaka Asami, Minegishi Minami, Kurose Manami, Nakabeppu Aoi, Arisue Mayuko, Aizawa Rina, Akiyama Nana, Takei Emi, Omasa Aya, Kutsuna Shiori, Miura Yui, Kawashima Umika, Yamashita Rio and Okamoto Rei.

They all are somewhat active in the entertainment world, either as idol, singer or supporting actress. Some even managed to get a leading role and others are still working hard to make a breakthrough soon. You might not have heard their names before, but if you are into doramas, then I promise you that you probably have already seen more than a handful of those mentioned above.

Now with Vol. 43 and the most recent Vol. 44 the columne arrived in 2009 and began its mission to show us those talents that could make it big in 2009 or the following years. That's enough of introduction to this corner, here comes Vol.43, soon to be followed by Vol. 44 and the future publications.


Just hatched and already leaving the nest?!
~ The youngsters of 2009 ~
Golden Eggs - Vol. 43

Kanazawa Miho

Her screen debut in the movie "Suspect X" (movie version of the dorama "Galileo") as the daughter of a role played by actress Matsuyuki Yasuko was the first time that she really caught the attention of many. The expectations for this youthful 14 years old girl are huge now that she's even going to have a starring role in the movie "Hajimete no Iede" that came out in February! Outside of her work she's a simple honor student and has a very natural honesty.

Profile

  • Name: Kanazawa Miho
  • Born: 1994-10-17
  • Birthplace: Kanagawa
  • Height: 157cm
  • Shoe size: 23cm
  • Weight: 43kg
  • Bloodtype: A
  • Hobbies: Collecting jewelry and local kewpie dolls
  • Special skills: tennis and swimming

Character
"I think that now is a great time."

The first movie with her in the starring role is came out not too long ago as mentined above. How's her ordinary student life? "When we have a break we always play a game of tag. I'm great when it comes to running away (laughs)." Kanazawa seems to be a very cheerful and charming junior high school student, but she's definitely no morning person. "During school time I'm supposed to come down from my room at 8am, but usually don't wake up before 8:10 (laughs). When I really can't get out of my futon, my mom calls me on my mobile phone from the lower floor to wake me up (laughs)."

When she was six, she read about the Avex Audition in a magazine and applied for it. Actually she was yearning to become a singer, but ever since she was selected for the big hit "Suspect X" she got more roles in movies and doramas. In the movie "Hajimete no Iede" she played a strong-willed and positive thinking girl. "She's a girl who speaks her mind openly. I'm not that kind of person, but I think that I adopted her positiveness and now even became able to state my opinion among my group of friends."

By the way, the release date of that movie was on Valentine's Day. She didn't give her chocolate to anyone this year, but - "I love sports and played tennis or went swimming before, therefore I think that people who are active members in a sports club are really cool."

As of April she will be in her 3rd year of junior high and after that she's soon going to be very busy. "When I become a senior high school student, I'll loose a lot of friends I have right now and because of that I'd like to spend time by myself either doing nothing, studying for a test, having a lot of projects at work... (laughs)." However, until that days she's going to enjoy every day to the fullest. "I think that now is a great time."

Breakpoint
Director: "Talk with your back!"

Kanazawa's first role in a movie was in the movie version of the popular dorama "Galileo". Her violent father got killed and she plays one of the key roles in this case. Director Nishitani held auditions after auditions to find the right "cute girl with a smile that appeals to the masses". In the end he selected Kanazawa for the role, by that time the only acting experience she had was a role in a noon dorama. "I was totally lost at the actual spot of the filming and there were only huge and well-known stars in the cast. I became really worried, was totally nervous and extremely perplexed. I simply stood in a corner until somebody finally told me that it would be okay to sit down in that chair."

The actually filming wasn't an easy job either. "It was very strict. From the first shoot of a scene to the rehearsal, doing one take over and over again, crying over and over again (laughs). I was always so mortified when the director got angry and I really shed a lot of tears during the filming."

One time the director gave her a very odd and difficult instruction, 'Talk with your back.' "How are you supposed to do that? Anyway, I tried the best I could do and stooped with my head upside-down." There is one person she made progress with during the filming, Matsuyuki Yasuko who is playing her mother in the movie. "When I had nobody to eath with, she came over and had her meal together with me. She's been really kind to me."

She also learned something out of the movie. "When I have a quarrel with my parents, I will immediately make up with them again instead of brooding over it (laughs)." The role also made her be ambitious about her career as an actress. "I'd like to broaden my acting horizon and do gloomy as well as bright scenes. I was able to do such a big project right in the beginning and I would like to use it as a solid base for the things to come."


Vol. 44 will follow tomorrow or the days after.
Feel free to comment, if you like those "Golden Eggs" translations.

Written by: jyoyu.blogspot.com / Source: Oricon
Please link back when posting those news anywhere else.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Digging these Golden Eggs translations :) Nice to know which ones to look out for.

Yeah, love the translations. I see similar stuff in Bomb TV, but I, being illiterate when it comes to Japanese, can't read it.

From those mentioned in 2008 I definitely know Tanimura Mitsuki. She's one to look out for - she's doing very good supporting/co-lead work and I'm hoping she'll make it big in the future.

i know she started to acted quite long time ago alr. But she's not really famous, isnt she?

I didnt see Narumi Riko,Shida Mirai,Ohgo Suzuka, Fukuda Mayuko in the promising oricon list. Are they not considering as promising actresses?
Even though i know Narumi Riko and Shida Mirai are popular in Japan, right? but how about ohgo suzuka and Fukuda Mayuko?

sorry for asking too much!

Sorry i mistake her with someone. Anyway, she looks pretty mature for her age and she looks somewhat like kaho

Narumi Riko and Shida Mirai already had their leading roles in movies and doramas. Golden Eggs focuses more on those who just started to get more attention. ^_^

thanks for infos

Post a Comment