Kitagawa Keiko's Blog 2009-02-27  

Posted by: Pori in ,

Hey there! I decided to translate yet another blog to kill some more time. This Kitagawa Keiko's blog entry from Friday and I hope that you will enjoy her blog messages from now on as well.

First snow and the outfit for my next project



Today fell the first snow of this year.
It didn't snow a lot in my hometown Kobe, so it's still fairly new to me.

Today I also tried on the costume for my next movie.
I've always been practicing sword fight for that role since September last year.
A hakama* and a headband... it's really manly.
Other than the hakama I also tried on a lot of kimonos.
It's the first time that I heard that the role is going to wear kimonos
and now I can't wait to get started with the movie.
*hakama=man's formal divided skirt



We recently increased my training to 3 times a week and
now I don't have time to get over my muscular pain before the next training anymore.
The speed of the drills also picked up since this year.
It's difficult to keep up and I'm almost fainting after the 2 hours of practice each time. laughs
I'm afraid that I will have to fight every day once the filming starts.
Anyway, I'll try to keep up with it.

Next month I'm going to start practicing with the other cast and
therefore I have to remember and perfect all patterns this month.

I also have my manager take videos of my training sessions and
then I study my bad habits and all the parts I didn't get right
while watching them at home every day.
It's still far away from being perfect.
I have to become better.



The campaing for the movie "Manatsu no Orion" is also slowly starting to roll.

I was able to see the first preview on the 23rd with all the CG and music added.
It looks much more wonderful than the raw material from the filming.
It's a movie about war,
but it got a feeling to it that even the young audience or women will be able to enjoy.
It's more about survival than war and that defeat isn't decided until the end,
and I'm very happy that I was able to appear in that movie.
I think that recently there weren't too many war movies that focus on survival rather than death and therefore I think that many people should go and watch it.

That's exactly the reason why I'm exerting myself for this campaign as well.
I wish I had two bodies.



^That's me after training when I'm not able to stand on my feet anymore. laughs

Written by: jyoyu.blogspot.com
Please don't post this translation anywhere else!

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Thank you very much for translation.

Funny I was thinking that it would be nice if you're translating Keiko's blog as well the other day. XD;;

Yatta, thanks for your translation. You are really my high priest. Kiff !

thanks for sharing.I am so delighted you had to translate.

Post a Comment