Horikita Maki happy to try out different roles  

Posted by: Pori in , ,

On Wednesday was the official dorama announcement of Fuji TV's "Atashinchi no Danshi" with Horikita Maki (20) in the starring role as "socially undesirable" character and as a young mother.

"About half a year ago, I said that I would like to try myself at the role of a mother, but I'm a bit surprised by how soon it got realized." Horikita commented at the event. Horikita plays a girl named Chisato who moves from cardboard houses to net cafés in order to run from the bill collectors who are after her disappeared father's 1 million yen high debt, and then suddenly becomes the mother of 6 blood-unrelated siblings.

In the beginning of the shows she does a great performance of a homeless girl with her ruffled hair and her torn clothes. "I'm glad that I can try out many different roles. At the set it seemed like that nobody realized that I wasn't stinking at all. Really, I didn't smell at all, but my appearance made it seem like I would and so not even the people from staff wanted to approach me anymore." Horikita commented about her splendid disguise.

The siblings are all ikemen, but each of them has an unique and deep character. They all are pretty much self-willed individuals and none of them accepts Chisato as their mother. The fact that they are an all-male household raises another problem for the short Horikita. "I feel like I'm surrounded by only tall men." She mentioned with a girly expression. Horikita then was also asked about the 6 individual siblings and showed that she's already completely in the role of a fond parent. "If I had a son, I guess he should be like Masaru (played by Yamamoto Yusuke). As his mother, I'm proud that he's such a charismatic model." All 6 of the siblings are still very young, so the questions emerges whether their could be some love between one of them and their new young mother, but Horikita gave a clear answer regarding this issue. "They all have so many own problems, she wouldn't accept any of them."

The main focus of the story will be how that loose family is gradually growing to become a real strong family. Horikita about the situation, "Please watch how they start to develop bonds just like in a real family." Okada Yoshinori, one of the siblings also said, "I think you should be able to learn something about 'love' through this dorama."

Mukai Osamu, Seto Kouji, Tsuruno Takeshi, Nagayama Kento, Okayama Tomiki, Kaname Jun, Kusakari Masao and Takashima Reiko also attended the event next to the ones I already mentioned above. "Atashinchi no Danshi" starts April 14, at 9pm on Fuji TV.

Written by: jyoyu.blogspot.com / Source: Sanspo, Oricon
Please link back when posting those news anywhere else

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment