Kuroki Meisa "getting rid" of her shyness  

Posted by: Pori in ,

This is a special interview with Kuroki Meisa done by Sanspo.

Kuroki Meisa is an 20-years-old actress who is going to make her world-debut as an actress in the Sino-Japanese movie "Subaru" that's going to open in cinemas on the 20th. It's the first time for her to star in a movie as the single leading character. It's also the first time she worked together with a foreign director and with the first time being at a foreign location for such a long time, there are really a lot of 'firsts' for her that came with this project. She really went through a sturdily growth and since last summer, she even started live all by herself. "I think I also might have changed a little with this new independence." Hm? Speaking of which, she really had quite a different image compared to your typical cute young actresses up to now.

This new movie is about ballerina prodigy. Dressed in her leotard, Kuroki is really showing off her beauty and is captivating you with her impressive dancing skills.

--- Did you have any troubles?

"To be honest, I didn't have any ballet experience at all and therefore I was filled with pressure and anxiety. I received a 3-months long training before the start of the filming and while I already had a bit of other dance experience, I really quickly realized that this wasn't enough at all."

--- How did the training look like?

"Calisthenics and other basics, every day from early in the morning until late at night. Even that wasn't really enough and so put on the toeshoes at home as well and kept on practicing."

--- Did you get any advice from the ballet-experienced Momoi Kaori (56) who co-stars in the movie?

"'It's easy to tell whether you can dance ballet or not just by watching your usual standing figure, so keep that in mind.' During the filming we had similar teacher-student relationship like in the actual movie."

--- So, this movie is going to be your world debut.

"I'm not thinking about this fact a lot, it's just another role for, but I'm looking forward to what kind of reactions I will receive."

--- Are you continuing with the ballet now?

"I won't. Sorry for the immediate reply." She said with a shrill laughter.

She's really leaving a cool impression throughout the interview and it doesn't feel like you are talking to a young woman at all. However, from her staff we hear that she usually used not to talk a lot and that she was a really shy person up until recently. What caused this change of her mentality?

"It could be because I started to live alone with becoming 20."

--- Can you explain?

"Maybe I should say that it's because of this independence I'm feeling since then. Perhaphs I wasn't like this before, because I always thought about what to say and what not to say, and constantly put on a lot on pressure on myself. I always suppressed myself when coming in contact with the people around me. However, now I learned to simply take responsiblity for everything I say or do without worrying about my surrounding."

--- Was there also a big change in your surrounding?

"Yes. I started to work early on and I wasn't able to talk alot with my previous friends anymore, especially not about problems related to my work, but later on many in my surrounding also started to work and we've became able to talk more about such serious things now. It's really big help now."

--- Do you cook for yourself?

"Pooh...(a long sigh). So far I've probably only did 3 times max. During winter I was able to survive with only saucepan, but how am I going to survive this summer...?" She explained with a dumbfounded expression on her face.

With this sturdiness of her, she could even aim to become an Hollywood actress someday.






Written by: jyoyu.blogspot.com / Source: Sanspo
Please link back when posting those news anywhere else.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 14, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

She's cute, but her acting still has a lot of improving to do.

Post a Comment