Minamisawa Nao passed into private university  

Posted by: Pori in , , ,

Actress Minamisawa Nao (18) who recently starred in the movie "Akai Ito" and in the still-running dorama of the same name on Fuji TV passed into the Rikkyo Universty (also know as Saint Paul's University) where she is going to study modern psychology. She's in great joy right now. "I think that it will have a nice effect on my work as an actress." Minamisawa is one of those pure actresses who suddenly rose to a huge popularity. It had recently been announced that she's going to be in the Fuji TV dorama "The Story of Kamiji Yusuke" (temporary title) as actor Kamiji Yusuke's (29) girlfriend in senior high school.

Minamisawa is really glad about passing the exam and is full of ambition. "You could say that right now I really want to study and absorb things. I think it will also be of use for my work as an actress, when I can increase my education and grow as a person during my college life."

In her entrance exams she had to make it through an English test, a short essay and an interview. You might think that pressure shouldn't be a problem for someone with experience in the world of show business, but - "To be honest, it was extremely wearing, both emotional and physical." Studying for a test can be really difficult for an actress, she always had to carry things like a reference book or a vocabulary along with her on the set of "Akai Ito". At home she also always had to study and couldn't relax herself. "I had to be careful not to become too tired for work."

Minamisawa is also happy to be able to go to the Rikkyo University. "The building itself has a unique charm and it's very beautiful. I also wanted to come here, because both of my parents graduated from Rikkyo."

In modern psychology she's going to observe humans and how they interact with each other, their mind and body, and how things like movies or doramas can influence modern people. It's exactly what she's interested in and she can't wait to go to her first lessons. "I think I'll really enjoy studying it."


On the other hand she also enjoyed filming 'The Story of Kamiji Yusuke'. "It's a very interesting story, because Kamiji is surrounded by a lot of individuals." On the 26th her first photo book with her in swimsuits is going to get released as well. It's called 'Futsuu.' (Ordinary). "I'd like to challenge myself in as many various roles as possible."

Written by: jyoyu.blogspot.com / Source: Oricon
Please link back when posting those news anywhere else.

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Aw, that's sweet that she got accepted to the same university her parents graduated from - it's a nice legacy to follow.

I'm really looking forward to Nao's future roles in j-entertainment, and I don't know if it's just me suddenly being more aware of Sweet Power as a whole (instead of just being an agency that has Maki & Meisa), but it seems like the past two years, they've really gotten more high-profile in regards to their talent.

HP, perhaps you would know this - was the 'news' that Maki got accepted into Chuo University ever corroborated with an actual reliable source, or was it just 2ch/baidu murmurs. Is she going to pursue a university career at some point?

I'm just curious.

wth?Kamiji Yusuke is too old for her.

@soba
Was it a recent news? Haven't heard about it or maybe I forgot. I'll check again

@Judy

Other younger actors will play him during his high school life.. as far as I know. ^^ Don't worry.

Post a Comment